Elena Wilkie is a foodie at heart and health enthusiast. She focuses on creating real food recipes with simple ingredients which are gluten free and deliciously healthy. Find all of her recipes at https://www.afoodiesbliss.com.
The Best Ultra Fudgy Fig and Date Brownies
With a rich chocolate flavor, these flourless, vegan
brownies are packed with fiber and antioxidant-rich
superfoods including raw nuts, dates, figs, cacao,
coconut and applesauce. Making them the perfect
deliciously healthy treat! Makes 14-16 brownies.
• ½ cup almonds (75g)
• ¼ cup coconut sugar or monkfruit
• ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut or roasted
coconut chips (25g)
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp salt
• ½ cup cacao powder (50g)
• ½ cup medjool dates, pitted (about 6)
• 5 dried figs
• ½ cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• ¼ cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
• cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F. Oil or line a 8×8 inch baking dish
with parchment paper. Lightly oil the dish or brush the
parchment with coconut oil.
- Pour/spray with my mister a touch of oil to baking dish and
use a paper towel to spread it around so the parchment
paper sticks to pour the batter in easier. Set aside.
- Soak dates and figs in hot water for 10 min.
- In a food processor or high speed blender blend almonds
until ground (like almond meal not paste). Then pulse in
the cacao powder, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Next add coconut yogurt, dates, figs and applesauce until
you have a smooth batter. Then mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into baking dish and spread evenly. Add
chocolate chips on top (optional) and stick in the oven for
25-30 min, depending on your oven. The brownies will still
be soft, allow them cool for about 10 minutes before slicing.