These muffins are fluffy, moist and absolutely delicious! Made with wholesome ingredients and no refined sugars.
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose (244g)
- ½ cup coconut sugar (can sub Lakanto monkfruit if sugar free)
- ½ teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce (83g)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Zest from 1 orange (about 1-2 tsp)
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice (about 1 large orange)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted (can sub with applesauce for oil free)
- ¼ cup banana, mashed (75 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cranberries or cherries (fresh or frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a muffin tin with liners (I use the reusable silicon cups) or lightly oil.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients: mashed banana, applesauce, milk, orange zest, orange juice, melted oil, mashed banana & vanilla extract.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and lightly combine.
5. Gently fold in cranberries and spoon batter into muffin cups, filling to the rim. Top with a few cranberries and a sprinkle of coconut sugar for extra sweetness and crunch (optional).
6.Bake for 17-20 min (center rack) or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Storage: Muffins will keep on counter for about 3 days in an airtight container. In the refrigerator up to 6 days and freezer 2-3 months.
For tips, substitutions and more deliciously healthy recipes visit www.afoodiesbliss.com