Celebrate the 4th of July with this creamy and delicious taco dip styled like the flag!
Recipe Submitted by Linda
1 cup of sour cream
1 bar of cream cheese
¼ cup of mayonnaise
1 block of mozzarella cheese
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup of chopped stewing tomatoes (for the stripes)
4 Tbsp of Guacamole
Optional: 2 Tbsp of olives
1-2 drops of Blue Food Coloring (Optional to add to the Guacamole)
- Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, and cream cheese. Spread the mixture thinly in a shallow 11×7 pan.
- Then pour a layer of salsa over the cream cheese mixture.
- Grate about 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and spread over top of the salsa.
- Use a spoonful of the stewing tomatoes for the stripes. Tip: use a kitchen knife as a guide to keep the stripes straight.In the top left corner make a square out of a layer of Guacamole. Add olives in corner of flag if desired.
- Using a small star cookie cutter or talented cutting skills, make Mozzarella stars of the remaining block of cheese
- Add a bowl of taco chips and enjoy!