Perfect for the cooler months, this grain-free vegetable Chickpea Quiche is so perfectly creamy & savory! Ideal for meal prep, sunday brunch, or anytime of day!
- 2 cups chickpea flour (184g)
- 1 cup veggie/chicken broth or stock
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups mixed veggies, chopped (broccoli florets, zucchini, bell peppers)
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup plant based feta cheese (optional, see notes)
- 1 tomato, sliced for topping
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly oil or line round baking dish with parchment paper. Chop and prep all the veggies, garlic and onion.
- Heat oil on in a medium saucepan. Saute onion and garlic on medium heat for 2-3 min or until translucent and fragrant. Add veggies and saute for another 7-8 minutes, giving it a good stir every few minutes. If pan gets dry or to prevent burning add some water or veggie broth.
- While veggies are cooking, make chickpea batter. In a large bowl mix garbanzo [chickpea] flour, baking powder, broth and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Once veggies are done add to the bowl of chickpea batter and combine (If using cheese I would add it in now). Pour into baking dish and add sliced tomatoes on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 min or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 min, slice and enjoy!
For substitutions and for more deliciously healthy recipes visit www.afoodiesbliss.com